Welcome to Day 3 of cookie week!
If you’re just now joining us for Cookie Week 2018, head on over to check out my S’mores Cookies and Vegan & Gluten-Free Gingersnap Cookies
Today I’m sharing my recipe for Jam Thumbprint Cookies!
Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar, plus ¼ cup more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup thick fruit jam
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment on high speed, beat butter and sugar until creamy and light, 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla and salt, scraping down the bowl as needed. Switch to medium-low and gently mix in flour, just until combined. Dough should be somewhat sticky. Form into a ball shape, cover, and chill 30-60 minutes.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place dough balls on parchment-lined baking sheets or silicone baking mats. Press down the center of each ball with finger, making a deep well in the middle – deep but not too wide (it helps to hold the dough ball in palm of hand while forming the well with your finger.)
- Fill cookie centers generously with jam. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Let cool 5 min. on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- When cookies are completely cooled, dust with confectioners’ sugar. Store in airtight container at room temp.
Let me know how your cookies turn out in the comments! And be sure to subscribe to this blog and be the first to know when the next Cookie Recipe is posted!