It’s that time of year! We flock to our kitchens to bake tons of sweet treats to celebrate the season. So I’m sharing a new cookie recipe every day this week!
Today, I’m sharing my recipe for s’mores cookies!
Growing up, s’mores were my favorite part of camping. But we miss out on s’mores often here in Colorado. There are usually fire bans in place during peak camping season to help prevent wildfires. These cookies are a perfect substitute.
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup butter (softened)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows or large marshmallows cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and beat until just incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto parchment-lined or silicone-baking-mat-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and quickly press marshmallows into cookies.
- Return to oven and cook 3 – 4 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
If you tried this recipe, let me know in the comments! And be sure to subscribe to this blog so you won’t miss out on the rest of cookie week!