Happy Independence Day y’all! I think across the board, all Americans associate this holiday with barbeques, boating, fireworks, beer, and summer berry desserts.
This year, we have some more “Colorado-type” activities planned, but that didn’t stop me from making these cute mini fruit pizzas in case we swing by a barbecue between climbing, hiking, and paddle boarding. These are great for holiday gatherings because people can just grab and go when flowing through the buffet line – no need for cutting and scooping. And kids love them, too!
We all hate blog posts with an 8-page essay before the recipe, so without further ado, here you go!
Mini Fruit Pizza Stars
- pre-made sugar cookie dough
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C whipping cream, whipped
- sliced strawberries
- Roll out your sugar cookie dough to desired thickness and cut into star shapes using a cookie cutter. Bake according to package directions. You can also use homemade cookie dough, like me, if you wish.
- Next, make the fruit dip spread. Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric beater until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream; serve with fresh fruit.
- Once the cookies have cooled, spread each one with the fruit dip spread, and arrange the sliced fruit on top.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.